Like many of you, we haven’t missed a Golf Industry Show (GIS) in decades. Though each GIS had their own twists, this is the first time that we attended GIS and didn’t have to worry about a plane ticket, hotel reservations or dinner reservations!
The virtual GIS in 2021 was a different experience. It was necessary to host it in this format because of the pandemic, and while attendance topped more than 9,500 people, this online version of the event limited personal interactions. Superintendents and those that support the golf industry are social in nature, so we’re excited that the next GIS is in-person! The show is scheduled for February 5-10, 2022, in San Diego, CA.
At this past GIS, we were pleased to welcome hundreds of visitors to our virtual booth. In trying to keep a sense of normalcy, we were present in the booth for the duration, but we introduced something new this year. We held a series of Turf Talks that featured insights from superintendents, presentations from different Ewing Golf partners, as well as presentations on “Delivering High Performance Team Meetings” from our own PJ Rovinelli, Director of Talent Development at Ewing.
If you missed our Turf Talks at GIS 2021, we’ve made those presentations available below. Click the link under each heading to view the recording and learn more about topics and products that can help you succeed.
- The Power of Partnerships – Shawn Emerson, Director of Agronomy at Desert Mountain Club. Shawn talks about the power of business and personal partnerships, working together and how partnerships play a part in his success.
- The Irrigation Renaissance at Wexford Plantation – Chris Neff, Director of Greens and Grounds at Wexford Plantation. Chris talks about the four-month irrigation renovation at Wexford and offers his tips for conquering your own irrigation renovation.
- Baltusrol 2020 Revival: An In-Depth Look at a Championship Restoration – Shawn Haverdink, Lower Course Superintendent, Baltusrol Golf Club. Shawn talks about the installation of a new Rain Bird irrigation system and restoration by Gil Hanse of a 1918 Tillinghast Design.
- Setting the Table: Delivering High Performance Team Meetings – PJ Rovinelli, Director of Talent Development at Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply. PJ gives some helpful tips on delivering meaningful and impactful team meetings.
- Product Presentation: ClearWater Recycling System – Matt Mears, General Manager at Acumen Waste Services. ClearWater is an innovative system that recycles the water that is used to wash maintenance equipment, storing it and making it available for reuse.
- Product Presentation: Magnation – Mike Jenzeh, CEO, and Mike Cohn, Business Development Manager. Magnation solves tough water solutions with zero chemicals by providing rainlike water irrigation solutions.
- Product Presentation: Naturalake – Landon Wiet, Vice President of Aquatics. Naturalake manages golf course ponds in a safe and natural way.
Contact me if there are any questions or ask your questions in the comments below. We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Golf Industry Show in 2022!