Smart Irrigation Month is a great reminder to consider practices and products that reduce water waste, benefit the environment and also save money for the end user. Keeping smart irrigation techniques and products in mind for both installations and landscape redesigns isn’t just good for the environment, but it can also help differentiate your business with clients.
Earlier this month we shared tips on selling the benefits of smart irrigation to your clients. Here we want to share a few products (some on sale this month) to help you set your business apart.
Water Distribution Uniformity
Distribution uniformity is a key element of having a smart irrigation system. Installing the right water distribution method can save water and minimize waste. Some sprinkler systems can have too much pressure for a traditional nozzle, but a PRS spray head ensures uniform and optimum pressure, avoiding misting and over-spray, which are two big water wasters. Additionally, converting to drip irrigation ensures water is delivered right where it is needed and allows for watering deep in the soil and penetration down to the root zone, without soil erosion and nutrient runoff.
Hunter Pro-Spray PRS
- PRS30 or PRS40 Spray Bodies (case quantity required) in July 2020.
- The built in regulator is proven to reduce water waste by delivering the optimum pressure to the nozzle.
- Hunter offers two PRS models: PRS30 for proper spray nozzle performance and PRS40 for proper rotary nozzle performance.
- Both versions are easily identified by the color of the cap: Brown = PRS30 and Gray = PRS40.
- Innovative seal and cap design prevents cop-to-body leaks, even when the cap is loose.
- $0.50 off any Pros-Spray PRS30 and PRS40 (availability may be limited to the quantity on hand).
Landscape Products Retro Drip Adapter
- The Retro Drip Adapter quickly and easily converts sprinklers to drip irrigation.
- Ideal for installing dripline or point source emitters in place of sprinklers to save water and reduce overspray.
- Water application efficiency is high with drip irrigation, if managed correctly.
- Features a built-in pressure reducer and two outlets for maximum flow of 6.5 GPM/390 GPH.
Weather and Flow Sensors
The more data available to you and your clients, the more efficient you can be with watering schedules, leak detections and overwatering. Using sensors to help monitor the weather or underground flow will provide you with the information you and your clients need to manage their irrigation systems.
Irritrol Climate Logic Wireless Weather Sensor
- The Wireless Weather Sensor includes a temperature sensor for monitoring air temperature.
- Monitors a site’s sun exposure.
- Easy, wireless installation with less labor than wired systems.
- Consists of three components: a wireless transmitting weather sensor for installation outdoors, a receiver module to attach to the Irritrol controller and an SD card with the 10-year, local historical weather information.
- The system monitors weather data, transmits it to the module, then alters the controller’s program to “follow the weather.”
- Compatible with the Rain Dial-R, Total Control-R, KwikDial and MC-E controllers.
- Learn more about the sensor and the SMRT Logic capabilities by watching this video.
- $25 off Irritrol’s Weather Sensor in July 2020.
Rain Bird Flow Sensor Products
- Rain Bird flow sensors send flow data to central control or stand-alone controller systems for precise and accurate flow monitoring. Learn more by watching this video.
- Offers affordable protection over costly leaks.
- Reduces untracked use and uncontrolled waste of overwatering by monitoring and managing the irrigation system’s water use.
- Find problems faster during service calls.
- Simple six-bladed impeller design.
- Designed for outdoor or underground applications.
- Available in PVC, brass or stainless steel construction.
In a world where so many household products are “smart,” smart controllers fit that name in two ways—smart irrigation use and smart technology. With so many smart controllers on the market, Ewing is featuring two options on a Smart Irrigation Month Special in July 2020.
Hunter Hydrawise Controller
- With web-based climate monitoring, the Hydrawise Controller automatically adjusts irrigation systems to local weather conditions.
- Predictive Watering uses past, current and forecast weather data sourced from the internet to automatically adjust to local, real-time conditions.
- When a Hunter Flow Sensor is used, flow rate and valve monitoring will send an alert in the event of a problem, so you can quickly react before significant damage or water loss can occur.
- Everything you and your clients need is in the palm of your hand. Remote access allows you to view, manage and monitor the system from your smart phone, tablet or computer.
- $10 off any of these Hydrawise Controllers in July 2020.
Rachio Gen 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller (8 and 16-Zone models)
- With the most robust weather intelligence, Rachio is connected to over 250k weather stations and satellite sources, so you never let your homeowner water in the rain, snow or wind.
- Save up to 50% on your homeowner’s irrigation water use. Control your homeowner’s system from anywhere.
- Smart home integrations with Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit and more.
- The 16-Zone controller offers a larger zone count for larger yards.
- $10 off either of these Rachio controllers in July 2020.
These are just a few of the smart irrigation products available. And it’s the last week of our Smart Irrigation Month specials! How do you help your clients take control of their irrigation systems and put smart irrigation practices in place? Let us know in the comments below.