Weeds. They’re friends to nobody. Every time you seem to get rid of them, they make a triumphant return—the endless cycle for both homeowners and contractors alike.
Thankfully, our industry is constantly evolving, providing new products that help make things a bit easier while maintaining or improving your landscapes. still feeds and greens your turf like its original version, 16-6-8 Turf Supreme Fertilizer. The only difference is the Trimec, a herbicide incorporated into the fertilizer that selectively kills weeds.
“There’s no sacrificing nitrogen, potassium or phosphorus in this product,” said Esau Salazar, Branch Manager at Ewing’s Las Vegas, Nev., store. “You’re still getting all those necessary ingredients, in addition to a great and proven broadleaf herbicide.”
Steps to using Turf Supreme Plus Trimec
Follow these steps to get the most out of this product so you can successfully defeat weeds.
- Apply to your lawn while the grass is at a normal height of about two to three inches.
- Apply one to two days after a fresh mowing.
- Apply while the soil is moist—preferably in the morning when dew is on the grass.
- Don’t irrigate after initial application.
- Apply at the early stages of weed growth, which will improve results in your lawn.
- If a second application is needed, wait 30 days before applying again.
- Limit applications to only two times per year.
This product can help keep your turf green and clean from weeds, while saving you money—cutting your labor cost in half, as you can apply fertilizer and herbicide at the same time.
“It’s a top quality product we fully believe in,” said Gus Marquez, Branch Manager at Ewing’s West Las Vegas, Nev., store. “It helps our customers exceed their customers’ expectations.”
Need help knowing how much fertilizer to put down? Watch this Ewing video on calculating fertilizer application rates.
For more on this product, and to pick up 16-6-8 Turf Supreme Plus Trimec for your next fertilizer and herbicide application, stop by your local Ewing store.